Police increase service fees
The Fiji Police Force has announced the increment in its charges for services.
Police started charging for these services in 2009.
In a statement, the police said, with the increase in Value Added Tax (VAT) from 12.5 percent to 15 percent on January 1 this year the police clearance fees and charges have also increased by 2.5 percent.
The new police clearance fees and charges which came into effect on Tuesday 18 January 2011 are as follows:
- Police clearance application lodged within Fiji for migration and employment will cost $61.30 and for urgent one day processing will cost $122.65;
- Police clearance application lodged from overseas for Migration and Employment will cost $102.20 and for urgent one day processing will cost $153.30;
- Application for police vetting needed for government employment or police report will cost $23 and for urgent one day processing will cost $102.20;
- Application for bailiff license, moneylender license, hotel license, liquor license, and Fiji immigration will cost $153.30 and for urgent one day processing will cost $204.45;
- Application for rehabilitation certificate will cost $153.30;
- Police clearance application for Land Transport Authority will cost $102.20 and for urgent one day processing will cost $204.45;
- Police clearance application for Arms License (New License) will cost $102.20 and for renewal or for use and carry will now cost $51.10;
- Application to purchase or acquire arms and ammunition and application for license to import arms, license to export arms, and license for arms replacement will now cost $8.65; and
- Application for license to deal in arms and ammunition will now cost $258.75.